Young people wanted to help make history in Brent.Brent • London • Shot started • Volunteer Explore
About this shot
We're looking for motivated young people with an interest in music and community engagement to join us as part of a historical Reggae Project in Brent.
The project will celebrate how reggae has influenced the people, place and communities in the borough through the creation of an online reggae archive + a special music event programme.
You'll play a vital role in capturing and recording stories and memories, and making them accessible for people to explore and discover in the Reggae Archives.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key part in celebrating Brent’s reggae history, so why not join a diverse, friendly and fun group and continue building your confidence - along with valuable and transferable skills.
What does part of this project involve?
- Monthly story-collecting events - where you'll build a library of interviewees and set up interview dates
- Supporting the Senior Producer in the setting up and delivery of 'Community Story-Collecting' events
- Using sound recording equipment and uploading sound files on a monthly basis to an
at Brent Museum and Archives
- Communicating (phone & email) with the team of Storyfinders to arrange and organise interviews
- Being first port of call for the team of Storyfinders if they have any questions or queries
- Building a strong and supportive relationship with the team of Storyfinders
What training and support will you receive?
- Orientation Session (see dates below)
- Interviewing Skills Masterclass (see dates below)
- Support from a project manager and Volunteer Coordinator
- On-going development opportunities
You'll need to attend at least one orientation session AND one Interviewing Skills Masterclass at The Library at Willesden Green.
- Saturday 20 July 10.30am—1.30pm
- Sunday 21 July 10.30 am—1.30pm
- Thursday 25 July 5—8pm
- Friday 26 July 10am—1pm
Interviewing Skills Masterclass:
- Friday 26 July, 2—5pm
- Saturday 27 July 10.30am—1.30pm
*Any travel via public transport between your home address and event locations can be reimbursed. Just keep hold of your receipts.
So if you like the sound of the details above and want to get involved, just click below and Take Your Shot - don't forget to check your emails after you've applied.
No bank details needed and it’s simple to join up. Just tell us a few things about yourself.
See opportunities available around you right now, or view Shots available in other places of interest.
Get direct & unrestricted access to unique opportunities across the UK.
Stay up to date on the newest opportunities available from leading brands, business and organisations.